With the leaked image in the past days, we learned that the name of the new plan would be Xbox Game Pass Friends & Family. Xbox’s new family package has finally been made official and is also available at a USD-based price.
Xbox Game Pass Friends & Family plan announced
The Game Pass family plan is still only available to players in Ireland and Colombia. However, instead of members who are now part of the Xbox Insider program, all players in these countries will be able to purchase and use the new family plan. Xbox has yet to specify when the family plan will roll out in other regions.
The Xbox Game Pass Friends & Family plan comes as a new plan where Ultimate members can share their subscriptions with up to four people from the same country. The features of the plan are as follows:
- 5 accounts to share Ultimate with all its benefits (1 pack owner, 4 for family & friends)
- Play hundreds of high-quality games on console, PC, and cloud
- The largest community of players on the most advanced multiplayer network
- New games are added constantly
- Play Xbox Game Studios’ games the day they’re released
- EA Play subscription included
- Special discounts and deals for members
- Free benefits, including in-game content and partner offers
The Irish price of the plan, which is now operational in Ireland and Colombia, is set at 21.99 Euros. Package owners will be able to include 8 people in their subscriptions per year. This will prevent this business from being traded. The user who buys the Friends & Family plan will have a kind of subscription. He will be able to add and remove people with whom he shares his membership. The user who owns the package will also be responsible for the payments. Other users will be able to enjoy the benefits of his subscription for free. Accounts, where the subscription can be shared as family members and friends, must be from the same country as the sharing account. At the same time, all users will be able to play games at the same time. In other words, it is not the case with Steam family sharing.