Outlast is an indispensable horror game for years and everyone is familiar with it. While playing, we sometimes scream and sometimes sweat due to tense moments. So how to disable the Outlast FPS limit?
You may be getting low FPS even though your computer system meets the game’s system requirements adequately. Having a 144 Hz monitor and playing 60 FPS can be really annoying. If you have not been able to disable the fps limitation despite trying many settings, you can solve this problem in the way we will explain below.
Outlast FPS Limit Fix
To disable the Outlast FPS limit, follow the steps below in order:
- Firstly; We enter the Documents\My Games\Outlast\OLGame\Config folder.
- Enter the OLEngine.ini file and click the find option (CTRL+F) and search for the “frame”.
- We set the first of the codes in the lines below to FALSE and the other two to 0, save and exit. (Click “Find Next” until you find the bSmoothFrameRate line.)
- After we are done with this file, we open the OLSystemSettings.ini file.
- With the same Find method, we search for the “frame” and find the settings below.
- After setting both settings to False and saving, we exit.
That’s it! If you have followed the above steps correctly, your FPS limitation will be removed after you open the game. Now you can play Outlast with no FPS limit.